The iconic Disney Pineapple Dole Whip, a pineapple flavored soft serve ice cream, can easily be made at home with only a few simple ingredients. This sweet, frosty fruit treat is the perfect dessert to cool off on a hot summer day or especially when in the Disney parks.
Dole Whip was originally created by the fruit company, Dole, but became available at Disneyland’s Tiki Bar in 1986. It has become a staple at Disney parks and fans will wait in a very long line just to get one on a hot day. Disney has now added different flavors to this dessert including raspberry, cherry, and mango.
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 big scoop vanilla ice cream (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons sugar , optional
- splash of lemon juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and ultra creamy.
- At this point you can pour into dessert cups or freeze the mixture for 30-40 minutes. Once frozen, then transfer to a piping bag with a 1M “star” tip (to get that iconic Dole Whip swirl.)
- Swirl into glasses or freeze in Popsicle molds.