Homemade Totchos, with a side of broccoli, were on the menu last night. I know this is a dinner that both boys will eat. While it’s not the healthiest dinner I’ve ever cooked, it’s fun and tasty and well, why not?
In case you were wondering, Totchos are “nachos” made with tater tots instead of tortilla chips. Add whatever nacho toppings you like to make this dish your own. We eat nachos quite a bit in our house so I decided to change things up a bit with the totchos.
This recipe is based off of Woody’s Lunchbox Totchos at Hollywood Studios. FYI…I decided to stick with just cheddar cheese here since the original recipe calls for a jar of queso dip (of which I’m not a huge fan).
So, here it goes….
- 1 (2 lb bag) of tater tots
- 1.5 cups of Frito Corn Chips
- 1 can of chili (your favorite or homemade)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 Tbs of sour cream
- 2 Tbs of chopped green onions
- Broccoli or any other green veggie to add as a side
- Cook tater tots according to package directions.
- Warm up the chili while the tater tots are cooking.
- Once the tater tots are done, divide them evenly among 4-5 bowls.
- Top with corn chips.
- Add the chili on top.
- Sprinkle on the cheddar cheese.
- Add a dollop of sour cream.
- Top with chopped green onions.
- Add a side on the side.
Viola! Dinner is served and you won’t have to tell them twice that it’s time to eat.